Ingredients for 8 Canederli – 4 people
- 250 g of stale bread.
- 150 g Speck Alto Adige with its fat, cut into fine cubes of 2-3 mm on each side.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 of milk
- 1 tablespoon of onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- 30 grams of flour.
- salt and pepper
- Brown the onion in the butter and add the Speck.
- Mix onion and speck in a bowl with bread.
- Beat the eggs, add the milk, parsley and chives and a very little quantity of pepper and salt.
- Carefully mix the dough and allow to stand for 15 minutes or a little more.
- Add the flour.
- Form the Canederli with the hands in the form of balls with a diameter of about 5-6 cm.
- The Canederli should be placed in boiling salted water and then cooked for about 15 minutes at the minimum boil.
Enjoy your meal